About Me

My photo
Flathead Lake, Montana, United States
This wasn't supposed to be my life. Or maybe it was. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Confessions and general rantings of an ex-party girl.

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Politics

Taxing the rich to give to the poor? Let's save that shit for Robin Hood. Here's the real deal:

Ok, I make it a rule never to talk about politics in mixed company, but here are my thoughts: If the rich are super-taxed, they will likely spend less money. If the rich spend less money, there will be less money pumped into our failing economy. We need the wealthy to spend money to fuel the economy and generate more activity within the badly wounded economy. Maybe that makes sense to you, maybe it doesn't, but I'm against super-taxing the wealthy. It would do more harm than good in my opinion. For example: My husband has been working on Mr. Abbey's mansion project for somewhere around 8 years. This project has generated numerous jobs, and well-paying ones at that for people like my husband, and anyone in the construction industry. If Mr. Abbey were heavily taxed, he most likely would not start such a massive project, and would not have employed such a vast number of people. See, if the wealthy don't buy things, and build things, and spend the money to employ the working class, then the working class will be the ones really hurting from it. Our economy is a trickle-down system people.


The end. 


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment