About Me

My photo
Flathead Lake, Montana, United States
This wasn't supposed to be my life. Or maybe it was. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Confessions and general rantings of an ex-party girl.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Remembering Dance Portraits

So my boy started dance classes again. I did the dance portraits for the spring recital last June. Today the studio owner asked me for the disc of the photos and in my head I thought oh shit! I should have had that disc to her months ago! So I started burning the disc, and realized what a difference a few months of practice makes. I almost don't want to give her the disc because I know I could do so much better. When I did these photos it was my first time working with the 50mm f/1.4 lens. Now I own that lens and use it all the time. I'm not even sure how the portraits turned out so badly, but I do remember feeling like I was in over my head while doing them. Between the portraits being less than perfect, and my extremely late delivery of the disc, I would be really surprised if she asked me to do portraits for her again. However, if she does, I would be much more prepared to do some better portraits. Here's what I put on the disc today:


































The biggest problem is inconsistency. Some of the pictures turned out great, but others not so great. It was tough using a greenscreen and an unfamiliar lens for my first paying job. I learned a whole lot doing the pictures though :P

No comments:

Post a Comment