About Me

My photo
Flathead Lake, Montana, United States
This wasn't supposed to be my life. Or maybe it was. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Confessions and general rantings of an ex-party girl.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Blankest Year

"I had the blankest year
I saw life turn into a tv show
It Was Totally Weird
The person I knew 
I didn't really know"







I'm sad today. Nothing has happened to make me sad, nothing recently anyway. I'm feeling the weight of loss. I have endured more loss in my 27 years than I ever would have imagined. Wrongful, gruesome, unnatural loss.

I've written about the loss of my father, so that is not new to this blog. The part I leave out is that... I'm an intelligent person here, and well, I think, or rather part of me thinks, he killed himself. Part of me thinks he got his affairs in order, saw that both his kids went to college, and then swerved head-on into a truck on the highway. My dad was sad, and he was lost. I could tell by our semi-drunken conversations we had the summer before he died. My favorite summer. My last summer as a girl who didn't know what this overwhelming loss felt like. This feeling that makes it hard to breathe when I think about it. This feeling of tears being ready and waiting to fall for my father at any given moment.

He was stuck, and he was alone-ish, but I know how alone he felt because I feel it too, even with people who love me surrounding me, I feel completely alone because not one of them understands me. The one who understood me died nearly 10 years ago. And I am still sad, and angry, and what seems like eternally depressed.

I guess what it comes down to is... well, I have lost my hope. I've lost all hope for good things in the future. I was ALWAYS a dreamer with big dreams for the future. And suddenly, I've lost that. I don't have big dreams. I don't have small dreams. I'm going through the motions of life without feeling alive. If you met me, you probably would never know it. I'm a wonderful actor. What people see on the outside of me is so very far from the dark emptiness inside of me. On the outside I can appear happy, cute, fun, and playful. And NORMAL! Sometimes I almost believe it myself... until I think about it. Then I remember.

I know I need to figure this out, to change it, but I'm almost at the point of not caring. Barely being a person is almost enough for me. If I don't have dreams, I will never be let down. I mean what the fuck?! I'm almost 28. Do you have any idea what I thought I would be doing with my life at 28? Not this. Astay-at-home-mom? are you kidding me?! I love my boy more than anything on Earth, but I had so much more to offer, or I thought I did at least.

And now I know how my dad felt before he drove into that truck. Don't worry, I'm not going to kill myself. Those ideas stopped after I had a child. I certainly wouldn't want to ruin my child's life like that. I know all too well how much it messes a person up to lose a parent too early. But I also feel like I want to be done, just done with all the trying. I'm tired. I'm so tired of trying, and I just don't see it ever getting any better for me.

I have a wonderful life, but it is not mine. I live on a beautiful lake. People pay thousands of dollars a week to rent vacation houses on my street. I have all the material possessions a person could want. I spend money like it's nothing, so we can have a boat and a jetski, and cute clothes, and well, I even bought myself some nice boobs a few years ago, and in this economy I should feel blessed to be able to spend so much money and not work right? I should be enjoying my life?

It has been sunny, and warm, and beautiful outside. We have a dock and boathouse basically in the front yard. But here's the thing... I don't leave the house.

So in about a week, I'll go tell all of this to my psychiatrist, and she'll add more meds on top of all the meds I'm already taking. I already know how it goes. I'll get back on the mood stabilizer, and the anti-depressant. I might even get an increase in Klonopin. It's probably about time after 8 years. I'll stay on the amphetamines to battle the ADD which contributes to the depression. I'll stay on the anti-anxiety medication which I swear doesn't work, but the other options are all habit-forming and I'm on enough habit-forming medications. I'll stay on my beta-blocker to take my blood pressure back to normal after the rest of that garbage puts it through the roof. And every time I see my psychiatrist, she'll size me up to see make sure I've been eating. I'll wear baggy clothes to hide the fact that I haven't been so much, she'll keep doling out prescriptions and I'll keep analyzing how well they are working, or not working, and life will go on. So is this what I have to look forward to? Taking 6+ drugs several times a day every day for the rest of my life just to attempt to make me function as a "normal" human being? And that's where I start thinking Fuck it. I'll never be happy, I might as well get used to being this sad zombie. Except it makes me a less than perfect mother, which kills me.

I would have to make a major life change to change this all, and I'm not ready, and I'm not stable enough, and I don't have enough support.

But I'm bi-polar, and tomorrow's another day. I'll Hope its a manic one because at least I feel like doing things when I'm manic.

This isn't quite what I meant to write about today, but "Ah, fuck it, I'm gonna have a party."

Yes, I'm completely crazy.
And sorry, for subjecting you to reading this self-analytic crap that probably should just stay in my head.

Don't worry about me, I seem completely fucking nuts today, but when I hit rock bottom and realize it is always when I reinvent myself, so maybe this is a good thing that I've realized I've gotten way too comfortable and cozied up with my depression. It's time to let it go, and that's what I hope to do with this post. Inner peace, here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment