About Me

My photo
Flathead Lake, Montana, United States
This wasn't supposed to be my life. Or maybe it was. But I'm pretty sure it wasn't. Confessions and general rantings of an ex-party girl.

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Mistaken Identity

I've always said Flathead Lake is like the Hollywood of Montana. We live among celebrity vacation houses. Wayne Newton is our next door neighbor, for example. He lives here:


My husband has an awesome job here. He's the caretaker and construction foreman for a mansion being built on a small island for Don Abbey of The Abbey Company, out of L.A. Unfortunately I don't have super recent photos of the island and mansion, so please ignore the snow in some of these:
























So, anyway, on with my story...

Today Mr. Abbey was on his way out here, so my son and I went to the island with my husband to get everything ready. While he was working, my son and I played in the water just offshore, and skipped rocks. I didn't have the foresight to wear a swimsuit, so I was out there in my short shorts and a black sports bra because it was hot, and I also wanted to tan my tummy while we were hanging out in the sun. Several boats passed by very close to the shore, and at one point one stopped pretty much right in front of us.

I could hear the people in this boat talking about me. Sound carries over the water much better than people realize. I heard them asking each other who they thought I was. Several movie star names were mentioned, but they couldn't decide. They did decide that I must be a celebrity though, because of the mansion and everything. Then, before I knew it, out came their cameras, and they started snapping pictures of me playing with my little boy in the water. I just tried to avoid eye contact and ignored them. My husband saw and heard all of this going on, and finally came outside and stood on the dock staring at them with his hands on his hips until they left.

So someone somewhere out there now has pictures of me playing with my son in the water right off of this island, with the mansion in the background. All I have to say is... what a bunch of wannabe paparazzi! Hahahaha. Though, I don't blame them either. I do look stunning.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment